Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Volleyball

Volleyball!  What is Volleyball?  On the web I found these definitions...

  • a game in which two teams hit an inflated ball over a high net using their hands

  • an inflated ball used in playing volleyball


  • A couple of months ago I took up playing volleyball to get in some extra exercising.  And by took up I mean I go and play volleyball on the women's night at the stake center maybe every other week, but really I think it was more like every three weeks... OK I really only went three times... Once in November, once in December, and once in January.  But there were all the holidays in November and December.  And then the first time I went in January, THE very first Thursday of the new year...  I get hurt!!!

    That's right I got hurt playing volleyball!

    No I didn't get hurt by making some fantastic save...  I didn't get hurt by diving hard onto the ground...  There was no spiking action that hurt my hand.  I just hit the dumb ball wrong!!!  And boy did it hurt!  But in true Case fashion (I learned from the best) and I kept playing... for maybe an hour (love you Josh)! 

    So now almost three weeks later you'd think I would be feeling better and maybe up to playing volleyball tomorrow night (you know so that I could get a second time in playing one of these months).  But no...  I am still in a bit of pain...  So much that I actually went to the doctor today.  And they took many x-rays...  And now I have a super fun new brace on my hand and wrist...  But it is not broken.  Just a LOT of mad angry tendons.  And hopefully this new strong and powerful brace will help my little tendons to stop being mad and quiet down again, or I will have to go for a MRI!

    So my plan to go and play volleyball to get in some exercise has made it so not only can I not do the exercising I was doing (besides walking, but that's not fun), I can't hardly lift much of anything, because it hurts too much... 

    4 comments:

    1. I was going to call you in the morning to see how your appointment went!! I'm so sorry your hand is hurt... let me know if you need anything- I'm always around!! Love you!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sorry to hear about your injury, but I'm glad it's not a broken bone! Get well soon! Volleyball is such a fun sport and I hope you'll get to play again soon!

      ReplyDelete
    3. SO sorry Karen! I gave up playing volley ball for this same reason--every year this would happen to be. I'd end up with tendonitis that would last weeks after I was done playing volleyball. I think after 3-4 years I finally just gave up! I hope it gets better soon!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Touche! But I have to say ... I will NEVER let you bully me into wearing whatever gear the Dr orders me too, nor will I "rest" whatever injured part of me there is AFTER all your "But it's only for a minute" stuff this past week! :)
      Love you Karen!

      ReplyDelete