Friday, May 27, 2011

Josh Jr. Graduated!

Josh Jr. graduated from 5th grade today!  I can't believe that he is old enough.  It seems like yesterday that he started Kindergarten.  They had a slid show during the graduation, and each 5th grader had the chance to make part of it.  After their classes portion was done on the slide show they got their diplomas.  Each kid for their class then went and stood on the stage while the rest of their class got their diplomas...  At the end the kids got to dance to a song they had picked out.  Watching Josh Jr. dance on the stage with his friends brought tears to my eyes...  I could imagine him two and a half years from now at a stake dance...  Trying to dance and not look to nervous.  Time goes Way too fast.

After the ceremony we all went over to the park next to the school for a BBQ.  Josh Jr. got to spend the afternoon with his friends enjoying his last day of school...  I ended up staying at the park a LOT longer than I had planned...  And I didn't put sunblock on...  I ended up with a nice little burn to start this summer out with...  And Myra, who I kept out of the sun ALL day long got a burn in the quick walk home :(

It was a great day!  Congratulation Josh Jr!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being such a great mom and being there for Josh Jr on this very special day. On a side note, Myra is WAY too fair-skinned for our outdoorsy family. We'd better invest in SPF 1000 for her and bathe her in it mutliple times each day. Sigh. The joys of parenthood. :)

    ReplyDelete