Thursday, May 5, 2011

Something I haven't done in a LONG time...

I finally put my application in the mail to go back to College...  I haven't applied for college in almost 19 years!  Wow that makes me feel old :{

I decided back at the beginning of the year that this was the year for me to go back to school...  When I graduated from Ricks oh so many years ago I could only get an associates and a degree in Paramedicine...  However I had gone to Ricks for 4 years, and I had over 136 credit hours.  But there was nothing I could do back then, except go to another school.  And at that time I was kind of thinking I would take a year or two off from school and work a little as a paramedic before I went on to finish my bachelors degree...  Then I meet Josh...  And earlier this week we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary, and later this year my oldest out of my 6 kids, will turn 12.  So needless to say I have been busy, and haven't really thought about going to school (OK I did briefly back after Brooklyn was born, but then I changed my mind).  I got to thinking last fall though, and with Savannah and Catalina both in preschool and Myra still needing naps (I hope she needs naps for a LONG time), I will have some free time to do school work...  At least that's my hope!

I have spent the last 4 months filling out my application and getting the interviews done that I had to to apply for college...  Really I had the whole application filled out with in a day or two after I got it (Thanks again Erin for all your help with that).  Then I "forgot" to call and make the two appointments for my Bishop's interview and Stake President's interview...  But I finally did those too...  And then I just didn't mail it in...  Not really sure why, it just didn't get put in the mail...  But I finally did it!  I finally put it in the mail yesterday!  Now I just have to wait and see if I get in... 
 


In case you are wondering I am applying to do online classes through BYU-I (Ricks).  And the degree???  Which ever is fastest for me to get :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen! I actually just starting taking classes on-line through BYU-I and I love it. It's only going to take me maybe 2 years to finish but that's only because I am planning on taking the summers off. I'm doing the Bachelors in University Studies with a minor in Communications & English. It was the fastest of the 2 on-line bachelors programs. Wouldn't that be cool if we had some of the same classes! :) Good luck and keep me posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very proud of you for finally doing this. I think you'll do great and it will be nice to support you and your homework for a change! :)

    ReplyDelete