Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bill

We got a bill last week for Catalina's dentist appointment.  Back at the beginning of May she had a bunch of dental work done.  Knowing that she was going to need a lot done, we decided to do it all at once with oral surgery.  When we first made this decision the dentist office thought it would be about a $50 co-pay for the hospital and the dentist's bill...  Which was to be around $500 (sweet Catalina did not get the good teeth)...  We went through the same thing with Savannah, but didn't do the oral surgery route.  Instead they did the local anesthesia, and I held her!  And it took four appointments to get all the work done.  And it was NOT fun!  So oral surgery sounded much better for Catalina.

The week before her scheduled appointment I call the insurance company to find out how much it really would be...  And it was more than the $50 the dentist told us, but not too bad...  About $170.  This was three months ago...

Since then I have paid the dentist some where in the $500 range...  The anesthesiologist got $168...  And the hospital wants (actually it wasn't even in a hospital, it was an out patient center), they want....  $4,462.82!!!  That's right $4,462.82!  For a bed!  And then a movie during recovery.  She didn't even get the Popsicle they promised her, and boy did I hear about that on the way home!  The total bill was $8114.21!  For oral surgery!  For the use of the out patient center!  That doesn't cover the Anesthesiologist, that doesn't cover the dentist.  That is for the building!!!!!  I guess she was sleeping on gold plated beds or something, because it didn't cost that much to have a baby!  I will be making an angry phone call here in the next day or two.  I sure feel bad for the person who gets my call, because I already know I will be yelling!

1 comment: