Friday, August 13, 2010

Craft or Hobby?










Craft or hobby? That is the question. I think I would lean toward hobby, because you don't have to be good at your hobbies, you just have to enjoy them. Anyways I have LOTS of hobbies that I enjoy. I kind of bounce around from one thing to the next, and sometimes it seems like I don't get very far on any of them. Oh well, I still have fun, and that's what counts right? Today I went shopping to find stuff for my latest "hobbies". And I was successful. Mostly.


I found several good books with patterns to knit cute hats. I want some cute hats for my kids. We'll see how soon I actually get them done.


I have also been wanting to make some headbands for Myra. Now I didn't find a pattern, but I did find some stretchy lace and some cute flowers. So I will just have to guess on how to make the headbands. I made two this evening, and I think they turned out OK. But at least it was fun :) So my short list of hobbies is :

Scrapbooking (way behind in the years, but ALWAYS fun)

Knitting - trying to expand what I can knit

Jewelry making (is that what you'd call it?)







Baking (haven't really done that hobby for a
LONG time)
Beaded socks

And the new two...
Headbands for babies







Cute knitted hats













We'll see how long I work on these ;)

4 comments:

  1. I agree that hobbies are better than crafts. With a craft, it implies perfection and mastery, while a hobby is just for fun and enjoyment! We should get together and have a scrap booking session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hobbies... Matteah still has the bracelet you made for her when she was a baby... she'll pull it out and marvel at how tiny she must have been! :) And speaking of Matteah and things you made for her- she still has the blanket you made for her and I know you made one for each of your kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I meant to say that those headbands are too adorable!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you hobbies ... but you didn't mention my favorite one ... oh well, you definitely enjoy it so I say Keep It Up! :)

    ReplyDelete