Thursday, August 26, 2010

Play Ball

Sky Sox Baseball
Josh and I took the kids to a Sky Sox Baseball game tonight. After the long and rushed day I had, I wasn't really in the mood to go, but we had 6 FREE tickets and 5 really EXCITED kids (Myra really could have cared less), so off we went.

Love my family!
As far as games go it was great (what we saw).  The Sox's scored 7 runs in the 2nd inning, putting them up 7 to 0.  And they stayed this way until we left (early).  There were great plays, that I kind of missed because I really wasn't watching the game all the time.

Me and Cat
You see I am a people watcher.  I love to watch people around me when I am out.  And a baseball game is a great place to watch people. 

So here is what I saw.....

* Nice somewhat drunk guy next to us that didn't complain about ALL the times my kids went pass to go to the bathroom or get a drink (5 kids times 3 trips each equals a lot of kids walking past him... note to self, next time you go to a baseball game, make sure your seats are on the end of the row)

*Slightly more drunk guy hitting on the girls next row over while his girlfriend was gone (bad idea)
Is that Grandma Penny?

* Guy from high school that called me a horse in 8th grade because he was "so cool" (still think he is a jerk!)

*Guy (also probably drunk) pop his kid in the mouth or head for not standing respectfully during the National Anthem... Dad was also stuffing his face with a huge hot dog during this time

*Grandma Penny look-a-like (at least from the back)

Josh Jr.
Ben and his Shirt he won
So you see the game was great.  Josh Jr. had a head ache (kind of).  Ben declared it the best day ever (Ben also caught a tee shirt that was thrown into the crowd)!  Brooklyn's throat hurt from screaming soooo much to win a free pizza (the guy who popped his kid, his kid won).  Savannah was hungry.  Cat was WAY tired and had to keep moving to stay awake (up, down, up, down, all over my lap the WHOLE night).  And Myra slept... mostly.  By the 5th inning Josh and I were worn out form being
Myra's 1st Baseball game
Ice Cream, You scream,
 We all scream for Ice Cream
climbed on by three different girls, it was starting to get windy, some of the kids were starting to get cranky... so we left.  But it was a great game.  And fun to spend time with the kids.  We even went and got ice cream after!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool post! I love the pictures of everybody (and I think that one woman looks a lot like your mom!) I loved reading about the things you observed while "people watching"! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post sweetie! Fun to read about the things you saw, many of which I did see but some that I missed.

    Thanks for making us go! And for the ice cream idea! :)

    ReplyDelete