Monday, August 16, 2010

How to Convince Josh...

I go on different kicks every once in a while.  My latest kick is that I don't like to cook dinner...  It has been going on now for only 5 or 6... ... ... Years!  Mostly kidding.  But cooking dinner just gets boring.  I have a goal for this fall to come up with new dinner dishes, and then a menu using those dishes.  I am hoping in doing this that I might get off the "kick" to not cook :)

This being said I am always quick to agree to someone else making dinner.  And I look for ways to convince Josh that we should go out to eat.  It doesn't work too often, but I have noticed that he is easier to convince when you use reason.  Tonight we went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Kids eat free on Monday night with a paying adult.  I told Josh this, and perked his interest.  I then threw in the fact that two of our kids had earned a free kids meal there as well through the school.  That sealed the deal.

We left about 4:40 to head to dinner (Texas Roadhouse also does an early bird special... 10 different meal items for $7.99 if you are there between 4pm to 6pm).  We forgot to call a head, so we had to wait about 10 minutes before they could seat us (a family of 8 needs a lot of room).  Dinner was fantastic.  The kids were very excited!  It was like we never take them out to eat.  The waitress was great (so great that she took the orders for the kids and left... for a few minutes... until she realized that she had forgot to get an order for Josh and me).

Dinner ends and the waitress brings us the bill.  $34.74 was the total (after she took off two kids meals for the kids eat free night).  Not too bad for a family of 8.  Oh wait, we still have the extra two free kids meal coupons!  New total... $23.57!  We paid a total of 29 dollars (that includes a nice tip) for 5 steak dinners, and two chicken strip dinners!  And that is how you convince Josh to take you out to eat :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! And I am totally with you on hating to cook... if you come up with some good recipes you HAVE to share because I am at a loss when it comes to cooking! Ugh... hate it... and it's fairly easy to convince Dan to eat out because we are just a family of four and we can eat (really well) at Taco Bell for ten bucks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get those free dinners from the schools here too. I am looking forward for Logan to earn more.

    I love your blog Karen. I am trying to catch up on what I have missed. You and Josh are awesome, it is a shame that we are not closer but at least I have your blogs so I feel like I am getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete