Sunday, August 29, 2010

Scouts!

Ben waiting to get his Wolf
I was going to post this last week but never really got around to it.  Josh Jr. and Ben are both in scouts.  Some weeks I'm not too sure they really like it, but they keep going (although Josh Jr. often doesn't feel too good on Tuesday nights).  Josh has been great in helping both of the boys to get different merit badges finished, and to get their Wolf (Ben) and Weblos (Josh Jr.).

Me pinning Ben
Last Tuesday evening we had pack meeting (not nearly as fun as when Josh was the cub master, but a lot better than the first one we went to back in May).  At this pack meeting Ben got his Wolf.  And I got to go up with Ben and pin him (although I think it should have been Josh because he is the one to have helped Ben... not me). 
Ben with his Wolf pinned

After the awards were all given out the had some other activities for the kids to do.  Unfortunately it was cold out because some of the games involved water, but most of the kids didn't seem to care.
Savannah and Brooklyn
Hugging each other to keep warm!

3 comments:

  1. I love how Ben is standing so straight and tall, with his arms firmly to the side! He looks very mature! Congrats to both Josh Jr. and Ben!! I'm so proud of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ... if you don't want to have to go up and pin them then YOU should help them earn the awards! The "helper" gets to pick who has to go do the pinning! That's been my secret all along! Bwah ha ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete