Monday, August 16, 2010

Sleep? Who needs sleep?

I actually do need sleep. I really don't function very well with out sleep, at least not happily. That's why Josh watches TV alone these days. Don't get me wrong... I try. But it never seems to fail that I will fall a sleep. OK maybe not every night, but 9 1/2 out 10. As was the case last night (can I say last night when it technical is still night???). We had two episodes of Psych left on the disk to watch. If we watched them both, then we could get the disk back in the mail on Monday... I made it through the first episode, but sadly I failed to see the end of the second episode (I actually can't remember anything about it right now). I woke up to an empty family room with a sleeping baby in my arms. I went and laid her down in her bed (she has actually slept in her bed for almost a week now) and then went back to sleep on my bed (across it side ways, not really in bed). I woke up a little bit later and took out my contacts and actually got into bed.


Now with my watch and all you'd think I'd know what time it is, but I don't. I fall a sleep real fast, only to be awaken at some point by a screaming 4 year old (she doesn't EVER get out of her bed.... she just screams until you come). I turned on her light and got her a drink, and then headed back to bed, and to sleep. Sometime later Myra wakes me. And I don't know where I get the idea from, but I think it is about 6:30am. So I figure I got a good nights sleep (I'm pretty sure I was a sleep in my bed by a little after 11pm) we'll just start the day a little bit early... I'm not sure how long I was awake before I realized that it wasn't really light enough to be 6:30, and that it wasn't continuing to get lighter. It was actually only 1:30am. That is WAY too early to start the day.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some really cute pictures of the kids! Sounds like you had a crazy night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute post by my sweetie! Come back to bed baby! I'll cuddle you to sleep (at least until Savannah hollers "Mooooooooommy!" again). :)

    ReplyDelete