Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Zoo










Today was the last day of summer vacation. My oldest three kids go back to school tomorrow. Seeing as they will be tied up with learning and what not, I figured that today would be a good day to visit the zoo once again. The kids had a reading test early this morning, so we headed up to the zoo shortly after noon. It was a beautiful day (almost a little too hot). And the kids were excited to be at the zoo with their cousins.
The zoo looked great and was pretty busy, but there seemed to be a few things missing... The animals. Don't get me wrong, not all the animals were gone, but it did seem like quite a few were MIA. My brother (who just moved back to town) who hasn't been to the zoo in many years joked that they sold the animals to pay for all of the new exhibits.

We were finally rewarded for all of our hard work (try pushing a loaded down stroller up all those hills in the zoo). The monkeys in the ape house were not only out for everyone to see, but they were very active. We enjoyed spending sometime watching the different monkeys play around... probably too much time! While we were in the great ape house it started to rain. Along with the rain came lightening and thunder. This sadly shut down the sky ride (making quite a few kids upset).
Now we live in Colorado, and they have a saying about weather in Colorado. The saying goes "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes and it will change". So we had a decision to make... do we wait the rain out in the safety of the great ape house, or make a run for it. If we wait the rain might stop... or it might just get worse. We decided that it wasn't really raining all that hard, and that there was a good chance that it would get worse... so we ran for it. Down several hills (luckily it was Down the hills and not up). This is now the second time in two days that I have gone running in the rain. I have been running so much that I almost lost my pants :)

Looking back on it... it was raining a little harder than we thought. We were all quite wet (except for Myra who was nice and comfy under her cousin Jaxon's blanket... Thanks Helen), and a little bit cold. Because you know you can't have rain in Colorado and not have wind too. It was pouring when we got to the car (luckily I have a big trunk door to open and stand under for protection). I quickly unpack the stroller and go to move Myra into her car seat only to discover that Myra has not only pooped... but has had a blow out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised... She has only really had two blow outs, and they have both been in this same outfit. I guess she doesn't like the outfit :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved all of the pictures in this post!! Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd be avoiding that outfit!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, don't they always save the blowouts for days when you're out and about?

    ReplyDelete