Monday, August 23, 2010

Flash Back




I am not a breakfast person.  It's not that I don't like breakfast foods, they just are not my favorite.  And most mornings nothing sounds good.  I use to skip breakfast all the time, until my thyroid quit working...  Now I have to take medicine for my thyroid every day.  And the medicine makes me sick if I don't eat with in an hour of taking it.  Now I eat breakfast every day.  That being said, this morning I was really in the mood for a bowl of Coco Pebbles with milk (I am also not a big fan if milk).  And there was no milk... So I went shopping... And that's when the flashback occurred.

Catalina decided at some point this morning, while getting ready for the day, that she needed a jacket on.  I was busy when she asked me for it (it was hung up higher than she could reach) and told her that she would have to wait a little bit.  And then we left to go shopping ...

We had both forgotten about the jacket, I just wish that Cat had not remembered...  Which she did... About the time we got to the store... And she REALLY wanted the jacket...  And so a fit began...

Sweet Cat!
Now at this point Cat is not really throwing a fit, she is more just whining about the jacket.  So we proceed to go into Sams (my mom and sister were with us).  And Cat proceeded to go on a downward spiral.  And nothing was right or good enough for her.  And she just got louder and louder! 

I ended up having to pick Catalina up and carry her out of the store kicking and screaming...  I tried to calm her down outside Sams, but I was not successful.  I ended up hauling her all the way back to the car and locking her (with me) in the car...  Until she would calm down...

And while I was sitting in my hot car with my screaming 3 year old yelling that she hated me, I suddenly flashed back to a day three years back...  Where I was at Sams (with my mom and maybe my sister) and another little girl started to throw a fit...  That spiraled downward and downward, until she too was removed from Sams kicking and screaming...

So now I have to start to wonder WHY do I go to Sams???  Oh yeah I wanted milk for my cereal...

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny that Cat wanted to wear a jacket today... Matteah pulled her jacket down as well as Casey's and insisted on wearing them today... must have been something in the air! Next time, just call me and you could drop Cat (or any of the kiddos) to me so you can shop worry-free for a bit! ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny what things we remember and how we can have flashbacks at the oddest times! I hope you were able to get your milk for your cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gets better. She wore her jacket to preschool and when I picked her up it was super hot outside. Being the gentleman that I am I offered to carry her jacket and her bookbag. NO! She shouted at me ... I wan you to carry ME!

    I did not carry her but halfway home she was complaining that she was too hot (duh!) so I proceeded to remove her jacket and she went nuts! Apparently she wanted the HOOD ON so that the sun would not get on her head and make her so hot. She sat down on the sidewalk until I put her bookbag on her back and handed her the jacket, which she put on (just the hood mind you) over her head for the twenty chunks of sidewalk left to our house.

    Sheesh! :)

    ReplyDelete